B-Nice

9/08/2005

Boring, Boring, Boring

This post is so late it is almost irrelevant. I started it on day three of a four day training that ended almost exactly two weeks ago. But here goes anyway.

So for the past three days I have been in training at a school in Manhattan for a new gadget given to librarians in NYC public schools. The gadget is the best. It is a Hewlett Packard Tablet. I love it, love it, love it. Unfortunately in order to keep the thing I have to endure training for it.

OK, so I picked it up during the first week in August and my training wasn't scheduled to begin until this week, which is the third week in August. They told us that we really shouldn't play with it and if we break it we buy it. Of course they all know me pretty well and knew that was not going to happen. In that time I played with it everyday. I downloaded software. I took it to another training and took notes using it. I imported all of the songs from iTunes on my home computer. And now someone who is less comptetent than me is going to teach me how to use it. BORING, BORING, BORING.

Is this my own fault? Somewhat, because I taught myself most of what the instructor is supposed to be teaching me. I accept full responsibliity for that part however, is it my fault the instructor is less competent than me? I DON'T THINK SO! Is it my fault that it is an intermediate to advanced class with students who can't copy files from a USB disc to their My Documents folder and don't know that Windows XP is an operating system? AGAIN, I DON'T THINK SO! Is it my fault that there was no plan B for what to do if you lose wireless Internet access in a school building, which by the way happens regularly in most schools? NO, NOT MY FAULT!

The price you pay for a new toy to play with. Did I say at the beginning that I love it, love it, love it. I think I did.

You may now return to your regular programming. Later...

3 Comments:

  • nothing you write is ever irrelevant! And in response to what you wrote in my prevous blog, girl, my self-esteem used to literally be unfathomably low. So glad I have moved past that. Still even makes me cringe to hear people down themselves. And when I slip and do it, I feel lke a former Alcoholic faling off the AA Wagon.

    You'l get your iPod back soon enough, don't worry! I need to upgrade!!!

    By Blogger DramaQueen, at 9/09/2005 3:14 AM  

  • Even though you don't have your iPod, at least you have a new toy to play with, courtesy of the BOE.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2005 12:44 PM  

  • 'scuse me while I drink on this glass of haterade. Enjoy the toy Mama. At least SOMEONE is getting something good out of the BOE.

    By Blogger Max, at 9/20/2005 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home