B-Nice

2/23/2010

Day 38

So...On January 14th, while simply walking to my car, I stepped on something and found myself lying on the ground. I am one of those people who seems to twist my ankle fairly easily and assumed that I had twisted my ankle, AGAIN. I went home and iced and wrapped and elevated and ibuprofened myself in my usual manner.

The next day the pain was still very bad, I could not put weight on my foot and carried myself off to my doctor for xrays. I was seriously surprised when I found out that the ankle bone was chipped and more than a little disturbed to have to go to the emergency room to get it splinted.

The next week I went from splint to cast and 2 weeks later I went from cast to walking boot. Gotta say this experience has been a bit frustrating for me. I'm a pretty busy person who is pretty much always on the go with my calendar filled with appointments and events and obligations. Sitting in my recliner with my leg up or laying in the bed with my leg up pretty much tears my nerves. Not being able to take myself where I want to go, when I want to go and do what I want to do pretty much makes me want to fall on a sword. *sigh*

Now it seems as though I am at the mercy of the doctor's schedule. I was supposed to go for a follow up appointment last week but received a phone call saying the doctor needed to reschedule only to receive another phone call later on the week to reschedule again. Pretty frustrating for me to say the least.

Never the less I am thankful. I'm thankful to be alive. I'm thankful to have a husband who has done his best to take care of my needs during this time. He calls it driving Miss Bernie. LOL. I'm thankful that I have friends and family that check up on me and even take me out of my house from time to time. I'm thankful to have a son who insists on calling me every day. Thankful, Thankful, Thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home