B-Nice

10/08/2005

Broken Dream

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

I guess the quote above will be my inspiration in the days and weeks to come. It wasn't credited to any particular author so whoever you are thank you. I ran accross it in an email I recently received from my Daily Humor Listserv. At the bottom there is usually a thought for the day. Sometimes they are thought provoking, a lot of the time they are meaningless to me but this one grabbed my eye as something to hold on to.

Most people dream of something or another for their lives. Sometimes these dreams come true; sometimes they don't; and sometimes just when you think they have, they fall apart.

I've been married for almost 15 years to a man who I wouldn't say initially struck me as this great big dream come true but I definitely love him and we have managed to maintain the relationship for almost 19 years. It recently ocurred to me that I have been with him for what amounts to as almost half my life. We have raised 3 boys (his, mine and ours) and enjoyed a more often than not happy life. So what's the problem?

As with any relationship we have our problems. Problems that have often been swept under the rug. There are many things that have not been said over all those years and lots of arguments that faded away but were not really resolved so they managed to rear their heads at some later date in some other argument. Recently I attempted to express some of that to him in a letter. His reaction to the letter was not what I had hoped or expected it wold be, although I must admit I knew it was a possibility. And now a dream has fallen and broken into a thousand or maybe even a million pieces. I hope that one of them is big enough for me to pick up and begin again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home