B-Nice

10/31/2005

Cruisin'

This weekend I was able to slip away for a little while and go on a cruise with some of my closest friends. One of them recently celebrated the big 40 and had never been on a cruise before, so off we went for a 3 night cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas.

Should have been a great weekend but...


Everyone else left for the cruise on Thursday even though the cruise did not leave until Friday. I really could not leave when they left in all good conscience because as a teacher I don't really have vacation days. No one seems to understand what that means. Basically it means that you have 10 sick days and that is it. I already had four days off this month and to take 2 days was alot and 3 would be just not right and hard to explain to my principal without a sick note.

Due to hurricane Wilma this actually worked out in my favor. They stayed at a resort in Ft. Lauderdale that was hit pretty hard by the hurricane. Traffic was bad and the area was pretty deserted to the point where they were not even able to get a decent breakfast the next morning. They were supposed to be able to return the vehicle they rented at the Port of Miami but that service was also unavailable due to the storm.

This is the fourth cruise that I have been on so of course I had expectations. All of the cruises have been on Carnival Cruise lines and so it was not the line itself that disappointed me but the level of this ship was not what I expected. It was a smaller and evidently older ship than the other three I have been on. There were lots of little small things that were missing or unavailable and that disappointed me.

I love my sistah friends but this wasn’t a good weekend for me with the personal things that I have been going through and I am afraid that I was not very good company. I tried but after a while I just wanted to be left alone and found it hard to even pretend otherwise.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, B...sorry you had such a bad time! It is actually a good thing that you missed your husband. That means that deep down, you are willing to salvage what is left of your relationship, which may be more than you think. Despite all of the mishaps on the trip, I can tell that your marriage was weighing heavily on your mind, and that is probably the core reason you didn't enjoy yourself to thr fullest. So now that you're back, spend some time focusing on your hubby. Or at least dish with your girls face to face like old times! Hang in there, B. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

    By Blogger DramaQueen, at 11/02/2005 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home