B-Nice

1/02/2006

Happy New Year!

How can we sum up the year that has just ended. I think the words of an old school tune says it best, "Another one bites the dust." Looking back one can't help but be glad it is over, which seems like the case each and every year.

Many of my friends are gearing up for a revolution. They are unhappy at their jobs which we all now refer to as plantations. Places where they go every day and wait anxiously to be set free when it is time to go home. I know all too well what that feels like since I have been there and done that. I'm one of the few people I know who actually like their job and don't groan in misery each morning at the thought of going to work. My crosses to bear in the year that has passed have all been personal.

So what am I looking forward to in '06? (Not necessarily in order of importance but just hoow they hit the brain).
  1. My children returning to school has to top the list since they have been getting on my nerves and invading my space since before Christmas. Love them dearly and love them most from a distance and in small doses.
  2. Celebrating my fifteenth wedding anniversay to the man I love. It was really a hard year for us with many ups and downs and I had to face up to some not so pleasant realities about myself and just how much I count on him in my life even if he sometimes disappoints me and even if I don't always act like it.
  3. Seeing my baby graduate in June from High School. Can't believe it and don't know where the time went.
  4. Seeing him off to college in September. Hopefully somewhere that I can afford to send him where he will be AWAY. I'm sure after 2-3 months of a full house I will be singing the Halelujah Chorus as I pack him off.
  5. Hopefully taking a family cruise this summer with my husband, all of the boys and any other family that I can convince at the last minute. It will probably be the last time that I will pay for all of them to go away and could possibly the last time for all of us to be together like that.
  6. My line sister's wedding in July. I know she is getting a great guy and I knew it the moment I met him.
  7. My girl Max's wedding in June. What can I say, it's been a long engagement and they have worked hard to achieve the things they want in life before tying the knot and now the time is right. I haven't even know her for her entire engagement but I feel like I have.

Not bad at all. I didn't think I even had 5 things to look forward to this year and I ended up with more.

Happy New Year and a Blessed '06 to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home