B-Nice

1/22/2006

Just Watch Them Pass

Ok, so here's the background on my weekend.

I spent all day Saturday in my pajamas in bed doing sorority work and work I brought home from my regular job on my really cool HP tablet. My diet was shot to hell beginning on Friday night with a serious Ruffles with the Works, Almond Joy Cookie binge that continued into Saturday and then on into Sunday.

I tried to repeat Saturday on Sunday by ditching church, working on the sorority website, and bingeing some more but I did at least shower, dress, and go to the store only because the house was down to the last 2 rolls of toilet paper and it was on sale at RiteAid. My son and husband tried to pry and guilt me on the non-church attendance issue, which is amazing since the first has not been to church since the pastor died 2 years ago and the second ditches church when ever he wants to fish and nobody says word one to him. My point being, mind your business and get off my back. Toward the end of all of this I got to my horoscope for today which said:
  • Here is your horoscope for Sunday, January 22:It's time to dial down the volume just a notch on any obsessive, anxious or worrisome thoughts running around in your skull. Have you tried just watching them pass rather than feeding into them?

Now I'm not saying there was anything serious that I was consciously thinking of this whole weekend but damn how real was that advice for today and every other day for that matter.

2 Comments:

  • Don't let them guilt you about not going to church! There is nothing in the Bible that says that if you ditch church every now and then, you are selling your soul! I haven't attended church regularly since I left Atlanta - part laziness and part No Church Will Ever Be Like My Old Church syndrome. Sometimes you just need time for yourself, you know?

    By Blogger DramaQueen, at 1/23/2006 5:11 PM  

  • Cosigning with DQ. It's about time you took a pause for the cause being yourself.

    You've been running on all 10 cylinders for a minute and it was your due to relax.

    They need to shut it right on up.

    By Blogger Max, at 1/25/2006 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home