B-Nice

1/15/2006

Week From Hell!

Some weeks are just so bad that you just have to document them so...

Monday - No shower cause there was not damn water in the shower head (I hate and don't have time for baths in the morning), got lost on my way to Queens for my workshop, traffic crazy on the Deegen, late for the Block, iPod died again, late night.

Tuesday - No hot water at all (Boiled water for bird bath), I thought I lost my diamond bracelet, library visitor needed to be entertained, husband found my bracelet outside my door in the hallway, ran to Best Buy to take iPod for service again (2 down and 1 to go before they get up off of a new one), choir rehearsal, another late night.

Wednesday - Uneventful, library visitor day 2, just another late night at the Block.

Thursday - Locked my keys in my car, stood outside waiting for husband to bring spare, ran around all morning in preparation for visit from superintendent, took jewelry to be repaired and spent a grand I don't have on jewelry I don't need, went to cable company walk in center to swap digital box for DVR box, argued with husband, connected DVR box, NO SOUND ON BOX ON 2 DIFFERENT TVs, thankfully there were blue long island iced tea like drinks and Sex and the City DVDs to pass the night away.

Friday - Ran to cable company to return no sound DVR, library visitor day 3, Block again but for one hour only because hubby locked himself out of the house, hooked up new DVR discovered the idiots and the cable company gave me the wrong remote, good thing there were more blue long island iced tea like drinks.


Saturday - Back to cable company again for correct remote and to exchange another digital box for DVR box (those shits are hot), ran to nail shop to have nails repaired (managed to break 2 and chip 1 during this hellish week and the manicure was not even a week old), hooked up boxes, programmed remotes, changed for dash to sorority founders' day celebration, lost again due to faulty directions, more drinks over long distance call from LA from my girlfriend who let me know that 20 year old, sophomore college student daughter(my son's half sister) is pregnant and is due on my son's (her half brother's)birthday.

Good news through all of this, as I was so elegantly reminded by my soror sistah friend from Brooklyn, is that I am still here and have survived the week from hell a week, which will hopefully not be repeated any time soon.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home