B-Nice

1/26/2006

STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!

By now almost everyone has heard about the latest invasion of our privacy by the government. As if they don't have enough information on us already they now want to have access to our internet searches on commercial search engines. Kudos to Google for being the only search engine to defy the request made by the Department of Justice who then went to court in an attempt to force Google to comply. Unfortunately since 9/11 there is almost nothing that the government will not try to access under the guise of protecting my "Security" in some way or another. My personal feeling thanks, but no thanks and stay out of my business.

This morning I was able to check out my friend Shree the tech guru on ABC who as usual has answers to my questions. If you've never seen him, his advice is always worth checking out. His segment today of course dealt with ways to keep people out of my business and addressed most people's major concerns. You can read his advice here! Of course as sure as I am that I need the tech guru to keep me informed from a tech standpoint when things like this come up, I am equal certain that terrorists, child molesters and other creeps in our world already knew everything he had to say and more that even he may not have known. $hit they are probably writing programs themselves to keep folks out of their business.

All of this brings to mind that really good although frightening movie with Will Smith, Enemy of the State. After all once it begins, which for the record it definitely has, where does it end? Where is the line? I guess right about now it's invisible. All of this makes those who are all to willing to believe every conceivable conspiracy theory seem like the rational ones while those who are resistant to the Big Brother spying on me day and night notion seem two steps short of the loony bin. After all, it's not paranoia if they're really after you, is it?

1 Comments:

  • Wow, that is somethin to think about. I have always had fears in the back of my mind, but it rings louder when you read about it. Makes you wonder if your phone is being tapped, your house bugged, etc. Like Rockwell said, I always feel like somebody's watching me! And like Jill Scott said"...and you keep saying that I'm free".

    By Blogger DramaQueen, at 1/26/2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home