B-Nice

3/11/2010

Shoes with Support

So...Today I learned the true definition and meaning of a shoe with support. As you know exactly 8 weeks ago I chipped a bone in my ankle. I had to spend basically 3 weeks in a cast and 4 weeks in soft boot and just this week I went back to work.

Of course many things have been negelected, so today I made my way to my nail salon for a mani and pedi. Now, my usual custom after my mani/pedi is to walk home in my flip flops. Now this is a distance of about .7 miles and takes me about 15 minutes. Two words...BAD IDEA and I didn't even make it anywhere near my home. I walked from the nail salon to the Rite Aid in the next block to pick up a few items. Limping like I seriously could not believe. In my head saying, WTF... For Real. I wasn't limping like that in my flat shoes, I wasn't limping like that in my sandals, I wasn't even limping like that in my house in my slippers. And then it hit me. Girl, these flip flops on concrete is not happening. They do not have enough support for your 8 week broke ankle.

Good sense prevailed. I limped my arse out of Rite Aid and back to my nail salon, sat my arse down, let old girl put some oil on my nails, put my sneakers on and walked home. Good news, nails made it home smudgeless. Bad news, ankle still hurting. :-( Oh Well... Lesson learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home