B-Nice

7/29/2006

Spirit Air...NEVER AGAIN - Part II

When I arrived at the airport this morning, I just knew that this horrible experience with Spirit Air had indeed come to an end and I would be comfortably on my way home. Indeed it has ended but not without a few more surprises from Spirit Air.

When I left the airport yesterday, I left believing that I had been booked on the 7 AM flight to LGA. I arrived at the airport at a little after 5 AM wearing yesterday's clothing, bleary eyed and half awake, unable to properly refresh myself because my toiletries and every piece of clean clothing that I had remaining on this trip were of course in the missing piece of luggage that disappeared the day before at FLL. Not to mention my digital camera, a portable printer given me by my employer, every item that I purchased while in Florida and many other non-replaceable valuables with much sentimental if not necessarily intrinsic value all gone hopefully temporarily but quite possibly permanently. I arrived at the ticket counter to discover that I had not been booked on the 7 AM flight to LGA, but the 7 PM flight to LGA instead. Why is there a part of me that suspects that might have been a deliberate "error" on Sandra's part.

Realizing the gross incompetence that is evidently synonymous with Spirit Air, I did not allow it to reduce me to the nearly hysterical mass that I was reduced to by yesterday's traumatic experience and asked if I could be transferred to an earlier flight. I did not think the airport would survive me being forced to wait from 5 AM to 7 PM for a flight out. I was told the earliest flight I could be confirmed for was 3 PM. I then asked if I could be standby on the 7 AM flight and the flight that was scheduled to leave at 12:30 PM. The ticket agent was having a problem straightening it all out but then he was assisted by a young lady whose name I am afraid I did not get although her face was familiar as one of the agents in the terminal the previous day when chaos was reigning supreme. She proved to be a shining ray of hope in an otherwise dim cloud and a commodity that seems to be rare at Spirit Air, a competent employee. She quickly made all arrangements, properly labeled my luggage and gave me a gate pass so I could wait by the gate in case I was able to get on the flight.

Thankfully, she was also the gate agent for the flight. I am sure it was with God's help and her assistance that I was one of only 2 or 3 standy passengers who were finally able to board that 7 AM flight. I am of course thankful to be home finally. The flight touched down at 9:35 AM, they managed not to lose my remaining piece of luggage but still have not managed to locate my missing piece. I saw many familiar faces and outfits as we collected our luggage and met 2 wonderful women, Ruth and Marie, who have invited me to look them up should I be in the Bahamas.

I stand by my original statement. Never again will I step on a Spirit Airlines flight to anywhere. I have experienced lost luggage, cancelled and or re-routed flights, missed connections and other inconveniences that sometimes accompany airtravel. In each case the airlines made sure that I was taken care of, so I know that there are airlines that know how to treat customers. Spirit Airlines however ain't one a dem. 4 days and counting before I either have my missing luggage or am filing a claim for my missing valuables.

To be cont'd...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home